Vacancy: Planner/Graduate Planner
We have an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant and dedicated planning team, based in the Guild City of Preston. We are looking for a professional, ambitious and proactive planner. You will have opportunities to work across our multidisciplinary teams located in our newly furnished offices on Riversway Docklands, with excellent links to motorway networks and regional transport hubs.
Here at PWA Planning we work on behalf of both public and private sector clients and we are proud of our diverse range of projects providing you with fantastic opportunities to broaden your horizons and develop your skillset across planning. We offer advice and guidance to clients from all sectors of the development industry – private landowners, local businesses, developers, public sector bodies as well as professional advisers to the property sector, such as solicitors, architects, accountants, and other property professionals. We offer a personal service, enabling clients to choose a level of support to meet their specific needs.
Working across the team’s diverse project base, you will be responsible for all stages of planning work, from the preparation and submission of fee proposals, initial appraisals, to the preparation and submission of applications (of all types), planning appeals and planning inquiries, to include dealing with planning enquiries and/or planning policy advice.
As a commercially minded individual you will be supported in developing your own client base and taking the lead on projects with budgetary accountability.
You will need to be a chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI), or working towards chartership, with experience of preparation and submission of planning applications.
You will be technically sound and have up to date knowledge of UK planning methods, legislation, procedures, and standards.
You will be capable of assisting with the management of a varied workload and be confident taking on the responsibility for the day-to-day management of concurrently running projects.
To be successful in the role you will have the following key skills and experience:
- Ability to deliver reliable technical expertise in a timely and efficient way.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work under your own initiative to meet our client’s expectations and help expand our business.
- Have excellent communication skills, allowing you to work effectively with multi-skilled teams internally and externally.
- Above all, you will have a “can-do” and positive approach to your career.
We take Continuous Professional Development (CPD) seriously and provide a structured training programme to help people achieve their career goals and reach their full potential.
- The position is full-time, with flexible working options, working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- We are offering a competitive salary, which will be reviewed annually and based upon your experience.
- Your professional fees will be paid by the Company annually
- You will have access to the Company’s Private Health Care scheme.
- Membership of the Company pension scheme with 5% company contribution
The position is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
For further details, the contact for this role is Stella Walton.
You can contact Stella via email at email@example.com.